Manufacture Checklist

Cannabis Manufacturer Applicant Licensing Checklist

If you’re applying for standalone manufacturer license these are the documents you’ll need to have ready to upload into the online license application system.

If you are applying for a vertically integrated license, you only have to upload the social and economic equity plan, proof of age for every controlling person, and water and energy use plan one time.

The social and economic equity plan should describe the applicant’s plan to encourage economic and social diversity in employment.

The applicant’s plan should include race, ethnicity, gender, age, and residential status of licensee, controlling persons and employees of applicant and whether the applicant, controlling persons, employees or the locations where the cannabis products are produced are located in an underserved rural community, including tribal, acequia, land grant-merced, federally designated opportunity zone, or other rural historic communities.

Proof of age includes identification issued by a federal or state government that includes the name, date of birth, and picture of the applicant or the controlling person.

For each premise that you’re seeking a license, you’ll need to upload:

Please provide demonstration of a legal right to use the quantity of water that is needed for cannabis production, as evidenced by either:

a) Documentation from a water provider that the applicant has the right to use water from the provider and that the use of water from cannabis production is compliant with provider’s rules, or

b) Documentation from the office of the state engineer showing that the applicant has a valid and existing water right, or a permit to develop a water right, for irrigation purposes for outdoor cultivation, or a commercial purpose for indoor cultivation at the proposed place of use of the cannabis establishment. The documentation may include any of the following:

1) a state engineer permit or license in good standing, but not including a permit issued pursuant to Sections 72-12-1, -1.1, -1.2, or -1.3, NMSA 1978;

2) a subfile order or decree issued by a water rights adjudication court;

3) the findings of an office of the state engineer hydrographic survey; or

4) other documentation the office of the state engineer has deemed in writing as acceptable to the office of the state engineer under this rule.

Please provide a plan to use, or certification that the applicant cannot feasibly use, energy and water reduction opportunities, including:

a) drip irrigation and water collection;

b) natural lighting and energy efficiency measures;

c) renewable energy generation; and

d) Estimated water and energy use related to the applicants cultivation plan.

The diagram must show (as applicable):

• the boundaries of the property and the proposed premises to be licensed;
• the dimensions of each area that cannabis plants will be cultivated;
• the location(s) and the dimensions of other areas where other horticulture will be cultivated; and,
• where all cameras are located and assign a number to each camera for identification purposes.

The diagram must include (as applicable):

• any equipment to be used;
• entrances and exits;
• interior partitions;
• location of lights in the cannabis plant cultivation area(s) and the maximum wattage or wattage equivalent;
• walls;
• rooms;
• windows;
• doorways; and,
• a brief statement or description of the principal activity to be conducted in each area on the premises.

The diagram must be to scale and in black-and-white print, and it should not contain any highlighting.

If the proposed premises consists of only a portion of a property, the diagram must be labeled indicating which part of the property is the proposed premises and what the remaining property is used for.

If the proposed premises consists of only a portion of a property that will contain two or more licensed premises, then the diagram must be supplemented with a description of how two or more licensed premises will be managed on the property.

If the proposed premises is located on only a portion of a property that also includes a residence, the diagram shall clearly show the designated buildings for the premises and the residence.

If you are using liquid petroleum gas as part of your manufacturing extraction process, you are required to obtain a current and valid cannabis LP gas extraction permit from the State of New Mexico, Construction Industries Division.

You’ll be required to certify and attest that you will:

1) I consent to undergo a national criminal history background check and department of public safety (DPS) statewide criminal history screening background check. I understand for purposes of this rule, background checks shall be required for: (1) each partner of a limited partnership; (2) each member of a limited liability company; (3) each director, officer, or trustee of a corporation or trust; and (4) any controlling person of the applicant.

2) I certify I will adhere to manufacturing requirements pursuant to the Cannabis Regulation Act, the Lynn and Erin Compassionate Use Act, and division rules.

3) I certify I will adhere to cannabis transport requirements pursuant to the Cannabis Regulation Act, the Lynn and Erin Compassionate Use Act, and division rules.

4) I certify I will adhere to security requirements pursuant to the Cannabis Regulation Act, the Lynn and Erin Compassionate Use Act, and division rules.

5) I certify I will adhere to the quality assurance requirements pursuant to the Cannabis Regulation Act, the Lynn and Erin Compassionate Use Act, and division rules.

6) I certify I will adhere to applicable federal, state and local laws governing the protection of public health and the environment, including occupational health and safety, food safety, environmental impacts, natural resource protections, air quality, solid and hazardous waste management, and wastewater discharge.

7) I certify I have never been denied a license or had a license suspended or revoked by the division or any other state cannabis licensing authority or a detailed description of any administrative orders, civil judgments, denial or suspension of a cannabis license, revocation of a cannabis license, or sanctions for unlicensed medical or commercial cannabis activity by any state licensing authority, against the applicant, controlling person, or a business entity in which the applicant or controlling person was a controlling person within the three years immediately preceding the date of the application.

8) I certify that I will not use dimethylsulfoxide (DMSO) in the production of cannabis products, and will not possess DMSO on the premises of the manufacturer.

9) For Class II, III, and IV licensees, I certify that I have obtained all necessary permits required for the production of edibles and topicals from the New Mexico environment department and that such permits are valid at this time.

10) I certify that that my business is in good standing with the New Mexico Secretary of State, including all documents filed with the New Mexico Secretary of State.

Download the Manufacture Checklist

Download the Licensing Checklist