Cannabis Regulatory Advisory Committee
CANNABIS REGULATORY ADVISORY COMMITTEE
The recently enacted Cannabis Regulation Act (CRA) provides that CCD must establish the Cannabis Regulatory Advisory Committee no later than September 1, 2021. The Advisory Committee is charged with advising CCD on the development of rules covering best practices, the promotion of economic and cultural diversity in licensing and employment opportunities, and protection of public health and safety, among other subjects.
CANNABIS REGULATORY ADVISORY COMMITTEE REGULAR COMMITTEE MEETING
Upcoming Meeting Dates 2021
Meetings will be held in the Rio Grande Conference room located at 2550 Cerrillos Rd, Santa Fe, NM OR via an Internet-based video conference and telephone. The link to access the video conference call will be posted 72 hours prior to the scheduled meeting and can be found at our website at https://ccd.rld.state.nm.us.
All meetings are scheduled to begin at 1:00 P.M.
Thursday, September 16, 2021 (Cancelled)
Thursday, September 30, 2021
Thursday, October 14, 2021
Thursday, October 28, 2021
Wednesday, November 10, 2021
Thursday, December 2, 2021
Thursday, December 16, 2021
Approved this 2nd day of September 2021
Emily Kaltenbach, Chair
NOTICE OF REGULAR MEETING
NOTICE is given that a Regular Meeting of the Cannabis Regulatory Advisory Committee will hold a meeting on September 30, 2021. The meeting will begin at 1:00 p.m. and will be available via an Internet-based video conference and telephone.
The agenda for this meeting is as follows:
I. CALL MEETING TO ORDER
II. ROLL CALL
III. APPROVAL OF AGENDA
IV. APPROVAL OF MINUTES
V. Public Comment (1 minute per speaker; 30 minutes total)
A. Office of the Attorney General – Presentation on Open Meetings Act
VI. COMMITTEE ACTION ITEMS
A. Social and Economic Equity Subcommittee Report & Discussion
B. Establishment of other Subcommittees
The agenda for this meeting is subject to amendment until seventy-two (72) hours prior to the scheduled start of the meeting. Please check for any updates to the meeting agenda that may be made prior to that deadline.
Please use the following link to access the video conference call: https://ccd.rld.state.nm.us
If you are an individual with a disability who is in need of a reader, amplifier, qualified sign language interpreter, or any other form of auxiliary aid or service to attend or participate in the hearing or meeting, please contact Julia Valdez at (505) 362-2924 as soon as possible. Public documents, including the agenda and minutes, can be provided in various accessible formats. Please contact Julia Valdez at (505) 362-2924 if a summary or other type of accessible format is needed.
Click here for 08/10/2021 C-RAC Minutes
Click here for a draft of the 09/02/2021 C-RAC Minutes
Click here for C-RAC 2021 Meeting Dates
The following people have been selected to serve on the Cannabis Regulatory Advisory Committee:
- A cannabis policy advocacy organization, Emily Kaltenbach, Santa Fe County
- A labor organization, Esther Lopez, Bernalillo County
- A qualified patient, Nathaniel Paolinelli, Bernalillo County
- A state or local agency with relevant expertise as the Director and the Superintendent deems appropriate, Paul Haidle, Bernalillo County
- An Indian nation, tribe or pueblo with relevant experience as the Director and the Superintendent deem appropriate, Perry Martinez, San Ildefonso Pueblo.
- Expertise in public health, Steven Jenison, Rio Arriba County
- Expertise regulating commercial activity for adult-use intoxicating substances, Lou Ann Branch, Bernalillo County
- Expertise and experience in cannabis laboratory science, Ginger Baker, Bernalillo County
- Experience in environmental science, Miguel Santistevan, Taos County
- Expertise in small business development, Chase Gentry, Curry County
- Expertise in water resources, Harold Trujillo, Mora County
- Expertise in other relevant areas as the Director and the Superintendent deem appropriate, President Richard Bailey, Rio Arriba County
- Previous experience as a cannabis retailer, cannabis producer or cannabis manufacturer and who is a non-voting member, Rachael Speegle, Bernalillo County
- Chief Public Defender Bennett Baur, Santa Fe County
- Eddy County Sheriff Mark Cage, Eddy County
- First Judicial District Attorney, Mary Carmack-Altwies, Santa Fe County
- Roswell Police Chief Phil Smith, Chaves County