Cannabis Regulatory Advisory Committee
CANNABIS REGULATORY ADVISORY COMMITTEE
The recently enacted Cannabis Regulation Act (CRA) provides that CCD must establish the Cannabis Regulatory Advisory Committee no later than September 1, 2021. The Advisory Committee is charged with advising CCD on the development of rules covering best practices, the promotion of economic and cultural diversity in licensing and employment opportunities, and protection of public health and safety, among other subjects.
NOTICE OF REGULAR MEETING
NOTICE is given that a Regular Meeting of the Cannabis Regulatory Advisory Committee will hold a meeting on February 3, 2021. The meeting will begin at 1:00 p.m. and will be available via an Internet-based video conference and telephone.
The agenda for this meeting will be posted on the Cannabis Control Division’s website and may be accessed at, https://ccd.rld.state.nm.us/cannabis-regulatory-advisory-committee/. The agenda for this meeting is subject to amendment until seventy-two (72) hours prior to the scheduled start of the meeting. Please check for any updates to the meeting agenda that may be made prior to that deadline.
Please use the following link to access the video conference call: https://ccd.rld.state.nm.us
If you are an individual with a disability who is in need of a reader, amplifier, qualified sign language interpreter, or any other form of auxiliary aid or service to attend or participate in the hearing or meeting, please contact Terry Last at (505) 270-4697 as soon as possible. Public documents, including the agenda and minutes, can be provided in various accessible formats. Please contact Terry Last at (505) 270-4697 if a summary or other type of accessible format is needed.
C-RAC Meeting Minutes 2021
August 10, 2021 Minutes
September 2, 2021 Minutes
September 30, 2021 Minutes
October 14, 2021 Minutes
November 4, 2021 Minutes
November 10, 2021 Minutes
November 18, 2021 Minutes
C-RAC 2021 Meeting Dates
The following people have been selected to serve on the Cannabis Regulatory Advisory Committee:
- A cannabis policy advocacy organization, Emily Kaltenbach, Santa Fe County
- A labor organization, Esther Lopez, Bernalillo County
- A qualified patient, Nathaniel Paolinelli, Bernalillo County
- A state or local agency with relevant expertise as the Director and the Superintendent deems appropriate, Paul Haidle, Bernalillo County
- An Indian nation, tribe or pueblo with relevant experience as the Director and the Superintendent deem appropriate, Perry Martinez, San Ildefonso Pueblo.
- Expertise in public health, Steven Jenison, Rio Arriba County
- Expertise regulating commercial activity for adult-use intoxicating substances, Lou Ann Branch, Bernalillo County
- Expertise and experience in cannabis laboratory science, Ginger Baker, Bernalillo County
- Experience in environmental science, vacant
- Expertise in small business development, Debbi Moore, President/CEO of the Greater Las Cruces Chamber of Commerce.
- Expertise in water resources, Harold Trujillo, Mora County
- Expertise in other relevant areas as the Director and the Superintendent deem appropriate, President Richard Bailey, Rio Arriba County (soon to be vacant)
- Previous experience as a cannabis retailer, cannabis producer or cannabis manufacturer and who is a non-voting member, Rachael Speegle, Bernalillo County
- Chief Public Defender Bennett Baur, Santa Fe County
- First Judicial District Attorney, Mary Carmack-Altwies, Santa Fe County
- Roswell Police Chief Phil Smith, Chaves County
- Santa Fe County Sheriff Adan Mendoza